Saturday, October 18, 2008

Fashion Week Should Be a Holiday

Like I have mentioned multiple times before, I really want to go to Philippine Fashion Week. A couple of days ago, my good friend H, told me we can go with her sister who knows some Ilonggo designers and has a friend who works in a fashion magazine. So naturally, I was thrilled. Seriously, I have been planning my outfit ever since. I even tried on a couple of looks.

The other day, H and I visited her sister who told us we can attend one of the shows on the 25th. That's on a Saturday which means I have work--no, we (H and I) have work. But I figured maybe we can just call in sick or perhaps come in a few hours late.

Now, I'm not so sure anymore if that's a good idea.

Schedule adherence at work is highly regarded and rewarded now. If H and I ruin our team's record, our supervisor and teammates will kill us if we don't get the incentives. I honestly don't give so much shit about what these people will say. Okay maybe I do, just a little. But the thing that bothers me most is the fact that our supervisor has been pretty lenient to us and I don't want her thinking we're abusing this. Ugh. I'm such a fucking good person, I know!

I hate work right now. In fact, if it's not for my fucked up work schedule, I'd be in Pangasinan this very moment for a weekend trip with relatives.

If only I can get into the October 22, 23 and/or 26 shows, I will be a very happy person because I will be free on those days. And since, I can not offer a first born, and my virginity is out of the question, I will pray for the soul of who ever will hook me up... Or maybe I (meaning my cleaning lady of course) can do your laundry for a week? Or do I just do you? JK.

Oh well...

Sure there's always next year but still... Ugh. I can't stand it.

P.S.
I just realized what's indicated on the title still wouldn't help because our company doesn't honor holidays. None. Zero.

*vomits*

No comments:

Post a Comment