Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Lenten Suckrifice

Unlike some people I know, I haven't been really been one to avoid meat in observation of Lent. I think the only time I succeeded was about two Fridays ago.

Today, I may have made the biggest sacrifice for the season. Well, it's not exactly to honor the catholic church's teachings but I'm sure the new pope would be proud of me. Call me an old maid, an old fart, a virginal hypocrite or you can call me wise.

He's cute, fit and has a very good job. He actually reminds of me of The Chef, if not better looking. They're also about the same age. It's too bad we couldn't agree. Maybe I was too demanding and conservative. But it just didn't seem worth the paranoia that's likely to occur afterwards.

I'm probably going to regret this. Maybe not. Gawd, I hope not. In any case, have a meaningful Holy Week--with or without meat.

literarybulimia@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment