Friday, March 29, 2013

Detox

Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack.

As much as I wanted to, I couldn't go out of town because a. none of my friends can go with me, b. I don't drive and taking public transport is a bitch at these times, and c. I'm trying to save money. When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade, right? Well, I'm taking that quite literally. Since I'd be holed up in this apartment for a few days, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity for a cleanse, which is something I've been meaning to do for quite some time now.

My boss does it and another colleague has done it so why can't I? It's good for the body and with all the stuff I've been shoving down lately, it's exactly what I need. I'm doing the Master Cleanse and it has been a little over 24 hours since the last time I had solid food. It's basically just lemonade with grade B maple syrup and natural cayenne pepper. It doesn't exactly sound appetizing but it's bearable, refreshing even, especially in the morning.

Apparently, the spicy lemonade alone is not enough to flush out the contents of your stomach so this morning, I've also decided to do the Salt Water Flush. I could have taken laxative or decaf tea last night instead but salt is just more accessible. It tastes horrible but I it did bring me a little closer to the beach. And my gawd, did it do the flushing. Seriously. Here's a piece of advice if you're doing the Salt Water Flush, if you think you're going to fart, run to the toilet because it's not a fart.

I intend to do this until tomorrow, Saturday, so I hope I make it through. I've been fantasizing about actual food since yesterday, especially when my housemate gave me a plateful of pasta, but I haven't given in so far.

literarybulimia@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment