Saturday, June 15, 2013

Brillo Breakfast

This morning, we were supposed to go to Laguna. But that got cancelled. We planned on having breakfast at Tagaytay instead. That also got cancelled during ungodly hours this morning. It's disappointing because I really wanted to take a breather and enjoy the weekend away from the city even for just a few hours but there's really nothing I could do. Well, I could have gone alone but, nah.


What I did do, instead, was cook breakfast at home, which means skipping this week's thesis consultation. The situation presented a great opportunity to try what I picked up at the supermarket last night; a new, local, premium corned beef brand called Brillo. At around P130, it's less expensive than Delimondo by P30. I love Delimondo so I couldn't wait to find out if this one's at par with what I've always regarded as the original, locally produced, premium corned beef.


Instead of adding cubed potatoes, I decided to use the marble type instead and cooked them separately--in butter and some seasoning of course.

The actual Brillo corned beef looked fine, I observed, upon opening the can. I like that it doesn't appear mashed so the texture is great. The shreds are intact but easy to chew. There was also just about enough juice and fat. As for the taste, it's not bad at all but it's a little too salty for me. I would say it's a good alternative in case Delimondo is not available. One can serves two or even three. I wonder if Brillo plans on coming out with other variants the way Delimondo did.

Breakfast was yummy and satisfying but I still want to go to Tagaytay.

literarybulimia@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. ooh looks awesome! and i myself favor marble potatoes. less work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! No more peeling! And I'm sorry, those regular potatoes have become quite expensive.

      Delete