Monday, November 12, 2007

Plumbing 101

OMG I'm a plumber! One of these crazy days, don't be surprised if you see my number written on scrap plywood nailed on a post or hung on a wall.
Time to say bye-bye!
Okay, everything started over a week ago when the faucet in the bathroom started to leak. If I were home and something like that happens, I'd simply tell Papa about it and he would have it fixed that same day, or I wouldn't even have to tell him about it at all, he's quite meticulous about those things.
But I'm not really at home am I? So, not knowing how to get it fixed, I called this building's admin. Apparently, the association fee doesn't cover plumbing services unless it's in common areas. Whatever.
One of the security guards gave me this guy's number and I called him up immediately. I expected to shell out about P200-350 for a simple plumbing service. But no, this guy basically said that since he does a lot of plumbing for residents of the building, he'll charge P600 "only". I was like, "Are you fucking kidding me? Since when did plumbers get as expensive as doctors? Jeezes, that's like a good scarf and some socks or a nice shirt or a pair sunnies." But of course I didn't really say that out loud. Anyway, I told him I'll just call him again once I've decided. He actually got quite disappointed saying he came all the way from Sampaloc (I'm in Malate), which, to be honest, I don't know where is. So I just gave him P40 for gas since he drives a motorcycle and he scrammed.

New Faucet (at the left): "Move over old bitch."

When I told my parents about this, they were quite appaulled as well and my dad told me to just try fixing it myself.

"Well hello there!"

Stuff under the lavatory

All done in 5 minutes!

And that's exactly what I did this morning. That plumber guy told me the faucet itself is broken so it needs to be replaced. So I had my water supply turned off last night and took out the broken faucet. This morning after work, busted faucet in tow used as a sample, I went to the hardware store and bought a new one. It cost me P400. I'm not sure if it's too much but it's definitely better than paying an additional P600 just to have someone twist and turn some stuff under the lavatory. So yeah, to cut it short, I did it and it's working perfectly now.

Voila!
What do you think?!!! Gawd, I'm so proud! Ma, Pa, are you reading this?!

1 comment:

  1. You should be proud! I wouldn't even have been able to take the first faucet off! =(

    ReplyDelete