Saturday, March 15, 2008

Chelsea and The Prince of Jaipur

Last night was fun.

Work? Oh that. Devoured 2 bars of chocolate yesterday morning... only had cold water... sore throat... medical certificate... called in sick... blah, blah, blah.

My sister and I were treated out by a relative (let's just think she's a cousin because it's quite complicated) who is gradually becoming an international jet-setter based in Singapore.--- Yes, I am so jealous. Kiss the grounds of Paris for me please. Thanks.

We hit up one of my personal favorite hot spots her in Manila, The Fort, for dinner.


We ate at Chelsea where we dined al fresco. I think I put on 5 pounds from all the scrumptious dishes. The pictures don't do the place and food justice.



The Strawberry Iced Tea was a good preview of another gastronomic adventure. They also served complimentary focaccia with an actual garlic bulb to kick things off.



Appetizer: Crab Cakes with mayo and catsup.



This is basically a humongous slab of ribs with mashed potatoes and organic vegetables. I'm not crazy about this one but I truly appreciate the tenderness of the meat, so kudos. It's worth a try.



This is the sea bass with asparagus with what I think was cream of tartar or something. The fish was amazingly tender and tasty. It was sitting on top of mashed potatoes and it was hard to tell which is which if not for the flavors that summon your taste buds to go from juicy tender fish to fresh potatoes-- undoubtedly a winner.

We originally intended to have dessert at Conti's but later decided to pass since we were so stuffed I could barely breathe. You have no idea how hard of a time I was having sucking the fucking tummy in.



This is at Prince of Jaipur, that club adjacent to Embassy. It was my first time there and I loved the place. The Indian ambiance matched with the hip-hop dance atmosphere is unique and exciting. The crowd was not bad too. My jawline went on a vacation. I want it back.

We were just standing beside the bar, clutching our drinks, pretending to look hot when suddenly...
Tall, cute guy with an American accent standing beside me: (Leaning towards me) It's so loud in here I always have to shout each time I talk to someone (smiles).
Me: Yeah, I know (smiles). I wanted to add "Well it is a club you know," but I thought he might think I'm being sarcastic.
Cute guy: Are you with your girlfriend? (Pointing at my sister and cousin)
Me: No, I'm with my sister and cousin. Girlfriend? Are you kidding me?
Cute guy: Oh, is it okay if I talk to them?
Me: No, talk to me you gorgeous asshole.
Me: Sure. (Introduction, blahblahblah... guy talks and dances to cousin the entire night... blah...)

We left pretty early because my cousin got tired of the guy making the moves on her. Plus she said he was too young for her. He's a year older than me.

Ugh. Straight guys.

Anyhow, last night was hot.

1 comment: