Monday, May 04, 2009

From Horny To Horrified

It happened before. But this time, the proximity is closer.

We've only seen each other twice and the last time was months ago, late last year or early this year I think. He was such a nice and polite guy during those two occasions that he came over-- too nice I even thought.

On this seemingly uneventful afternoon, after not hearing from each other for a while, I decided to call him. I was surprised to hear a grown man's voice on the line after a few rings. It turns out it's his father.

"Anjan po si ___?"

Then he asked me where I'm from. I told him I'm from Manila.

He was saying some things. But it hit me when he said, "Kasi nagkasakit sya... Wala na sya."

At this point, I just said sorry and goodbye because I was too shocked to come up with a more appropriate response. I couldn't say, "Oh. My. Gawd. Shit." you know.

2 comments:

  1. Yup, and the fact that his father had to tell me that his son died just breaks my heart.

    ReplyDelete