Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Too Much Hype, Too Bad

If I were younger and less jaded I would've been scared to death by Paranormal Activity. But knowing that it's just a movie pulled down the thrill factor for me. The entire time, I kept wondering how they shot the scenes and shit like that.

Don't get me wrong, it had some freaky scenes. The part where the girl said, "I think we're going to be ok now" is very disturbing.

I'm not totally disappointed because it honestly doesn't suck but it's really a bad idea to watch a movie with so much expectations. I wanted PA to mess with my mind and keep me from sleeping but it didn't.

I watched the movie half past midnight. Maybe I should've turned the light off? Maybe the alternate ending is more my type of terror?

Anyhow, watch it (alone, during the night just like I did, but with the lights off) and tell me what you think.

literarybulimia@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Maybe the hype made u watch the film. Cant believe that from you. (Well, I dont know u personally. Just assuming that ur more sensible than this. hehehe!). And wow! You have the DVD. I thought its not out yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leave it to the bangketa vendors to beat any premiere screening. Yeah, it's probably the hype, and the interest in thrillers.

    ReplyDelete