Saturday, May 21, 2011

Apocalypse? No, thank you.

So the world was supposed to end at 6pm today, May 21. It obviously didn't. But others say Armageddon doesn't strike in the Philippine islands until 2am later which is technically May 22. Had it happened this evening, I would have been in church hearing mass. I had to be clever. Can you believe this heat? Imagine how it's like down there.

You know, if the world is going to end, it's going to really suck. Today was just supposed to be the last Saturday of my school vacation, not the last day of everything. I visited the campus today and paid for the coming term. That was money I could have spent on more important things like clothes, food and vodka---just some of the goodies that could have made my supposed last day of existence more interesting.

Lately, I've been feeling uninspired. This day in particular was pretty boring albeit productive. But don't get me wrong, I'd rather be bored than be wiped out by a giant tsunami or be eaten alive by the earth. Besides, this is what Kathy Griffin Youtube videos (which I have watched for nth time) are for. So, no. The world can't end yet, not only because I have not worn Lanvin, Burberry Prorsum, Gareth Pugh and 3.1 Phillip Lim yet. There's still so many people to meet, so many tasks to accomplish, so much food to eat, countless places to visit and most of all, so much love to make. (Ooh, that last bit is a song, right?) Also, if the world crumbles, Cher's going to need some company besides the roaches.

literarybulimia@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better

    ReplyDelete
  2. cant seem to stay away from you for very long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. Darcy? Bridget Jones? :)

    It's good to know you're still there. I really miss you.

    ReplyDelete