Monday, July 23, 2012

Magic Meh

When I walked into that theater in Glorietta, which is one of the very few that still shows Magic Mike, I didn't expect to see a dick dangling in front of my face. Perhaps I was hoping for it but I wasn't holding my breath (pun not intended). Still, I was anticipating some shock value what with such a provocative theme. I don't know if I'm just jaded but it barely got me hot and bothered.


The plot was interesting enough but the execution fell flat. It's like a sex romp with no climax which is such a big irony given the kind of hype it has made. In the sex appeal department, the movie offers a smorgasbord of  panty creamers in the form of Alex Pettyfer and Joe Manganiello (my top two picks) among others. Still though, I expected more than just dry humping and perky ass cheeks. Is there something wrong with me?

In the beginning of the movie, when Channing Tatum first appeared on the screen, at least two girls in the theater gasped loud enough for other people to hear. This is before his buns made their appearance. It has led me to a hunch that the movie, perhaps, is not really for me and instead, for girls who appreciate some naughty, good time; the type who secretly fantasizes about having a man's fleshy appendage dangling in front of her face and not admit it.

literarybulimia@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment