Monday, April 12, 2010

Cubao Homo Xplosion

Is it just me or is the Gateway/Araneta area the Malate of Quezon City?

Too hot for sleeves.

Last night, I went out with Erin. It's one of those spontaneous things that just happen in a snap. We decided to meet up outside Starbucks Araneta where throngs of gay guys were hanging out. It was quite a surprising sight seeing all these gays concentrated in a small area like there's some sort of homo convention I didn't know about. There was a Super Junior concert inside the coliseum though. I didn't think they had so much gay following.

Erin for some reason was in the mood for Pilsen.

Anyway, I was dying of boredom and after all the family shitstorm I've been dealing with the past few days, a couple of drinks just seemed to be the perfect distraction. So off to Cubao X we went where the atmosphere is laid back and unpretentious.

Erin and Stefan. This is dirty! Hahah...

Dengue Corner

Erin, ever the social fairy, introduced me to fashion designer and DJ Mike Lavarez and stylist and fashion design assistant Stefan Punongbayan. We hung out at I Love You X Future where Mike spins regularly. I'm not sure if it's the ridiculous summer heat or the alcohol or the artsy scene, but what ensued was a night of fun conversation, shameless posing and intense strutting.

Christy + Naomi

+ Linda = Trinity?

At some point, these two "supermodels" (Erin and Stefan) even had a series of walk offs in the middle of the fucking street like it was nobody's business. I, well, let's just say I played the front row star/photographer. Nonetheless, it was one of the gayest nights ever.

literarybulimia@gmail.com

2 comments: