Friday, April 02, 2010

Call Me Dark Cloud

First of all, I am so jealous of the people who are in Boracay right now enjoying the sand, sea and sun. I, on the other hand, had work today. Loser, I know. I love how Manila looks like a ghost town since yesterday though compared to how it normally is. It's refershing not to deal with the awful traffic even for just a couple of days.

Is it just me or there's really something about the holy week that makes you in the mood for alcohol? Last week I had cheap vodka with cousins but it didn't quite do the job. I actually find drinking alone pretty relaxing. Just like last year.

Anyway, lately I've been thinking about my poor social skills. For some reason, I've really been bothered wondering about how I find it so difficult to interact with new acquaintances and friends of friends. Then everybody gets this brooding, unapproachable, snobby impression of me all the time! No Mr. Congeniality here.

One of my colleagues likened me to Daria, and he's not talking about Werbowy. I found it funny because he did have a point. To be honest, I can even relate to the Saturday Night Life character Debbie Downer. H also referred to me as the negastar. Sounds no fun but I think it's really how you deal with the negative vibes that matter. This is why I whine nonstop. I find it therapeutic.

Ok fine, I do find it hard to smile and be perky most of the time. I don't spew rainbows and unicorns all over the place. But jeezus, I'm a superstar with my very, very close friends! Not necessarily in a loud, boisterous way but I'm pretty sociable around these people. I do have friends though who shit twinkle stars and baby giggles but are dark and demented bitches when provoked which is why I love them!

So what's my point? I don't know. But I do know I need to visit this restaurant Erin told me about, Van Gogh is Bipolar.

literarybulimia@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment