Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Paris S'il Vous Plait

I am very jealous. When I woke up this morning, I wish the only problem I had was what to wear to the Chanel show.


Left: Balmain Right: Lanvin; See, it even rhymes.

A few things about Paris fashion week:
  • The devil wears Viktor and Rolf. Outstanding! The Swedish duo did it again.
  • It just occurred to me. Lanvin is the evening wear of the girl who wears Balmain during the day. Emmanuelle Alt?
  • Dior is finally without John Galliano. In my opinion, this is not a bad thing at all. He needs to sober up while the label needs a newer, fresher take on the Dior aesthetic. Also, don't fuck with them Jews.
  • The other buzz in Paris around the fashion circle is the Mugler show where Lady Gaga reportedly upstaged the models. Is that even surprising? The show seems like a lot of fun and I do like most of the clothes but I feel like I've seen these looks before. By the way, 'Born This Way' doesn't sound like Madonna. It's more Pink to me.
  • Riccardo Tisci got me all in a tizzy! The latest Givenchy womenswear collection comes across as a dark, dreamy fairytale to me with a biker twist which I like. But it's those men's thigh highs and mutt prints that leave me daydreaming of the possibilities. Fucking insane. I love it!
That's all for now. Au revoir!

Photos: nymag.com

literarybulimia@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment