Monday, March 21, 2011

Vilebrequin

When Hermes came to Manila, I began to doubt if the Philippines really is still a third-world country. This doubt increased when I chanced upon this store in Greenbelt 5 called 'Vilebrequin' last Saturday. I haven't heard of the brand before but it being where it is and seeing "St. Tropez" right under the name, I knew it's not your regular swimwear store. I got curious after seeing all the men's swim shorts neatly on display so I went in and inspected the items closely.

Fancy boxer shorts anyone?

The garments look very well-made and I like how these shorts look tailored to fit just right; not too tight, not too baggy. The prints are fun yet timeless. The materials used also look and feel very comfortable and lush  (read: expensive). I forgot the exact price the sales rep said when I asked her but it's around Php8,900 I believe. Steep I know. They're made in "Bulgarian French" according to her but whether they prevent shrinkage or not was not confirmed.

Without batting an eyelash, I whipped out the plastic and got a bag of shorts that I'll wear on my upcoming summer trip to Maldives. Not.

Anyhow, click here to know more about George Clooney's swimwear of choice when vacationing at the French Riviera.

Photo: forbes.com

literarybulimia@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment