Thursday, June 16, 2011

Dreams

It was the other night. I can't even remember what happened but he was there. It was the first in a long time, if not ever, that I saw him in my sleep. It was him! He was there with his tall frame and sheepish smile that I miss so much. He was there until of course I rose to consciousness.

Then last night (or this morning), I didn't see him but I thought of him half the time. I was about to get married with a guy whose identity I forgot. He seemed like a nice guy though, or at least nice enough to marry me. His family were there too, supporting our union. But just minutes before the ceremony, it hit me. He's not the one, I thought. I want someone else. If there's someone I want to marry now, it's him, not this nice guy whose face and name escape me. How do I get out of this mess though? I figured I'll go through with the wedding but not the marriage just to spare the guy and his family the embarrassment. I wasn't sure of it though so I came up with a better plan; wake up.

It's crazy. Me getting married! Now!

It may not be real but I know the feeling was. After all this time, I realized, despite the emotional stress and these complications, if I were to choose someone to spend the rest of my life with, it would still be him.

literarybulimia@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment