Sunday, June 05, 2011

Night of the X

Two months ago, I thought the only way I would see MFG again was through an awkward and unexpected run-in at Rockwell or some other place we used to frequent. I often imagined how I would react. I always thought it would be dramatic with a lot of furious heart pounding involved.

Thankfully, that's not what happened last Friday night when we saw each other for the first time since that night in March February. We reconnected and started talking to each other almost every night a week before. It was weird seeing his name again on my YM window and on my phone.

As what he had already told me, he had his hair dyed. I wasn't crazy about his mane's color but he looked good. We were both coincidentally in black polo shirts. Hahah... Mine had polka dots though which of course didn't escape his teasing.

That night was just like the old times; teasing, laughter, banter, eating. We watched X-Men, thanks to the tickets I won. As mutually agreed sans discussion, the night was pretty much drama-free. We walked to his place just like we used to do but only after we dropped by Salcedo Park. For a few hours, we were just like what we were before--laughing at the world and at each other, having a good time "with or without color".

literarybulimia@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment