Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Hunting Mode

Tired and sleepy. Why am I doing this again? What was supposed to be a three-month stint has lasted for a year now. I want out. ASAP. If only I can get a job that I really, really want. It's serious. I'd rather be in a job interview that in a date these days.

This morning, I got the feedback that I've been anticipating for days. Sadly, I didn't get the job. It's no dream job but it would have been a good stepping stone. I do think that I could have done a better job expressing my ideas during the few minutes they were grilling me but damn, I didn't even get to the second and final interview? I appreciate that they let me know promptly though.

That was the third  interesting job opening that I had the chance to be interviewed for. The other two went more smoothly but obviously didn't lead to employment either. The first one was in January when I thought I was really going to get the job. Then weeks passed after the second appointment and I never heard from them. I think I know what I did wrong there. Too bad because I really wanted that job.

The second one was in March up to May when I thought I already got it in the bag. They told me so. I was told I was going to start part-time since I lack professional experience then we'd take it from there. It all was fine with me. After the second interview, I wanted to do cartwheels. It went so well we actually discussed the contract, possible assignments and schedule for chrissake! The contract was never emailed to me. I actually didn't hear from them for weeks until I emailed the owner/director who first interviewed me. He was kind enough to respond and after that, I was given my first assignment. Everything was done via email and text but no contract was signed. I didn't even have an ID. The job excited me so much so I didn't even bother to insist on the technical matters. Then mid-May, they told me to put my assignment on hold due to some changes. After that, I never heard from them. I sent a text once to check for updates but I didn't get a response. I'm not sure what the hell happened.

Come to think of it, the job market is not that different from the dating scene. The first two jobs that I wanted are like those guys who seem really awesome and cool. Then poof! They disappear leaving me clueless about what's going on. At least the last one had the decency to send an email to let me know they're not interested. It's a bummer but it saves me a lot of time really. "He's just not that into you."

And like in dating, just because you got your heart broken doesn't mean you should stop and lose hope, right? The only difference is, instead of waiting for the right person, you actually have to hunt for the right job. Err, wait...

literarybulimia@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment