Saturday, October 22, 2011

RiRi Found Love

The reason why I usually don't blog about Rihanna's videos is because they usually have the same themes. When she's not a sex kitten in severely provocative styling, she's a dominatrix or a troubled sensual damsel. While her new music video is still very much sexed up, its short film quality differs 'We Found Love' from the passé work she's made in the past. The premise is reminiscent of 'Love the Way You Lie' but this one, in my opinion, manages to tell a more profound tale about lost lovers whose love for each other is more than what they can properly handle.

A collaboration with Calvin Harris, whom I honestly haven't heard of until now, the song is a promising club hit.


Also, I'm a sucker for stories of dangerous, consuming, euphoric relationships so this music video is on my good side.

literarybulimia@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment