Monday, January 30, 2012

Urbanears Bagis


It has been almost three weeks since I started using my new earphones, the Urbanears Bagis. I've been using them everyday.

I did my research before the purchase and as many reviewers warned, the bass on these is less than stellar. I also noticed that when I tried the sample. It's actually the reason why I took almost an hour in Digital Hub. I couldn't decide. There were other choices but the Bagis were the cutest. I know. Shut up.


The sound quality is not bad at all. My Philips were just better in that department. But you know what happened to those. I'm past the lack of bass issue especially since the earphones cancel out noise excellently. I could close my eyes in the middle of a busy street while listening to Guetta (which is obviously highly not advisable) and I wouldn't know where I am.

One of the things that I hated about my last earphones was the wire. It gets so messy and unsightly. While the Bagis does not eliminate that problem completely, the combination of fabric and TPE cord looks less jarring when it does twist. Although if not for its noise minimizing purpose, I could've done without the fabric and just have it TPE all the way since the former is more resistant to coiling.


Another factor that made me switch is the fact that I can also use these with my phone because it comes with a built-in microphone as well as a remote for easy call answering and ending. The remote is especially important to me because it also allows me to play, pause and surf through songs without having to take out my iPod.


The packaging, of course, is awesome; very quirky and modern. It made the unboxing more fun.

In the box were the actual earphones, three pairs of rubber ear buds in different sizes, a stereo adapter, an Urbanears sticker which is now on my laptop, and 1-year premium warranty. I chose orange because I've done white before.


An additional quirk is the snap construction of the ear phones which allows you to "connect around your neck". It's a cute feature, but I'll pass on that suggestion. It does show the brand's attention to design though.

Urbanears Bagis are not perfect but so far, I'm satisfied. The sound quality is acceptable enough, they look good, and the remote and mic are making me happy.

Click here for more information.

literarybulimia@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. What a thorough product review. I noticed you got the in-ear kind. Does it slip off when tugged? I'm not fond of putting it all the way in. I feel like my buds are defiling me. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. That's exactly why I got the in-ear type. No, not for the defiling feeling. They stay put and don't slip off easily. Just select the right size of ear bud. :)

    ReplyDelete