Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Rainy Daze

How are you holding up?

It has been three days of crazy raining and it's supposed to continue up to tomorrow. This weather is absolutely insane. At about 4am today, I woke up to the roaring of thunder. It was a terrifying combo of thunder, lightning and heavy rain, which was simply impossible to ignore. I was actually scared lightning would hit inside the house. It was so bad I was literally under my comforter (it's that cold too) and I couldn't go back to sleep so I decided to check on the house. Good thing we're on the second floor.

I feel real lucky to be home, safe, dry and with Internet connection while people out there are practically fighting for their lives. Some people, on the other hand, are busy trying to hook up. I get it. I understand how the warmth of another body would be soothing during these times but I think I'll settle for my comforter for now, and maybe another Italian/Spanish movie like the one below.


How about you?

Hold tight and stay safe.

literarybulimia@gmail.com

1 comment: