Sunday, July 08, 2007

Random Rants

Am I Bored or Boring?

Just when I've been observing my life and youth pass me by, here comes some what seems to be the cosmos' aid to my current depression.

Lately, for the nth time, I've been contemplating on how my life is so bland/generic like I was born to be bored. I don't know if it's my non-stop demand for excitement but the thought of letting each day, each week, each month pass by without any significant accomplishment just saddens me.

Anyway, this morning, when I was about to leave the office, after claiming my phone from the guard, I was surprised by three missed calls and four new messages which really psyched me because I usually just get two new messages and they would be forwarded quotes from the same person, or on the most pathetic times, I'd get none at all. For 12 hours, my phone would be in constant hybernation much like the owner's social life.

Not this morning though, one missed call was by a friend in college, another one from an acquaintance whom I've never met personally, and an unfamiliar number. The first message was from my sister, the other one from my acquaintance inviting me to a threesome, then there's another foreign number with the message "hello" and the last one from a new friend who used to be my mentor at the office.

Capital D

Before going home, I had to drop by to this market where I buy our arwana's food (live goldfish). The place is called Cartimar. Cartimar has got to be one of the most disgusting places I've ever been to. Don't get me wrong, I love the animals there but the place is just utterly revolting. The pet area has animal shit for fallen autumn leaves. You name it, dog shit, cat shit, bird shit, fish shit, then add a dash of dead/live roaches here and there plus a stream of filthy water and that's pretty much the ambiance. I loath going there not only because it's out of the way but because the stench and the stomach-turning ickiness all over the place is unbearable.

Dates

When I got home, I received a text message from a friend saying that she'd set me up on a date with a friend of her's. It's funny 'coz last night I was just whining to her how unenjoyable my date last Saturday was. ---Yes, that's another date. We ate pizza, talked, and that's it. Period. No sparks there, no fireworks, nada.--- And now, she got me a new one. That made me laugh. I don't know though, I checked out my potential date's online profile and I'm not really pleased. No attraction whatsoever. I don't mean to be superficial but I believe there's gotta be enough physical attraction to get things started. I believe that's where the chemistry starts. What do you think? Anyway, I'm gonna try to make things smooth and veer away from an awkward situation. Nonetheless, I truly appreciate my friend's gesture.

That's it for now. By the way I've been reading Jessica Zafra's Twisted Travels. It's an okay read, almost done with it. It's just that sometimes I feel like I'm studying. Got it the other day when I went to the mall and shopped for toiletries, like those expensivo Lush ice blue and honey soaps, some protection and lubrication, hair wax and brownies. Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment