Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Busy Bee

I'm a little exhausted. My social calendar has been jam-packed since Friday. It's supposed to be a good thing but not when you're spending uncontrollably on food and beverage that will surely go directly to an already bulging tummy and clog the arteries. It's disgustingly enjoyable. You know, like sex in a public place.

No work for me for 4 straight days because of the schedule change; my new rest days will be Sundays and Mondays. Enough about work though.

I don't exactly have the time to elaborate so I present to you, my super long weekend time line!

02.08.08- Friday morning:

I get off from work for the last day of that particular schedule which is also the last shift with my lovely teammates and supervisor. We originally planned to go Laguna for an overnight outing since we'd be in different teams by the following week but something unfortunately came up so we had to settle for another post-shift breakfast bonding at our favorite deli, Earle's.

I slept the entire day until 6 PM.

Still Friday, 8 PM onwards:

Dinner and movie date with Friends. We met at Starbucks Greenbelt after I was starting to fume looking for them all over the damn place. We watched 27 Dresses starring Katherine Heigl and hit up Cafe Breton afterwards. It was actually fun. The movie is funny, light and entertaining just like the people I was with.

I know Cafe Breton is more popular for their crepes but I opted to get a sandwich. I had chicken breast with mushrooms and asparagus on top of toast with a side salad. The dish had all this other herbs I didn't recognize but it was really good. It's very filling and definitely worth the bucks.

By the way, I didn't bring my camera so I don't have the pictures. Oh, and I also lost my Burt's Bees lip balm. I hate it. That was not cheap!

(Slept for about 5 hours)

02.09.08- Saturday morning:

Woke up with this agenda:

1. Deposit money (not mine) in bank
2. Get haircut
3. Get new lip balm


11 PM - Went to Megamall to deposit the money. I took the bus instead of my usual choice, the MRT, because it was a Saturday and I was not in the condition to be squashed by sweaty bodies and sweat like a pig even before I reach the mall.

First task, done!

I originally planned to get the same lip balm but I know there's no Beauty Bar in Mega so I went to Body Shop and got a different one. It's cheaper and the sales rep marketed very well so I decided to give it try.

As for the haircut, I really wanted to go to Piandre which is where I usually go but it was too far from the area and I didn't have time. I checked out David's for Rever and found out that that place is actually a bit more expensive, and the place isn't even that nice. Forget it. Fifteen minutes later, I'm inside the MRT headed for Gateway Mall trying not to breathe.

I went to Ménage for my well-needed trim. I've had haircuts here before and the thing I love about it is the ambiance. The service is okay but I don’t like it that they’re stylists always seem to be in rush. Ugh.

Anyway, I had another awful haircut. I don’t know why but I always get disappointed the moment I drag my eyes from the magazine I’m reading to the huge mirror in front of me to check out how I look. It’s like the stylists never get me you know. This is why I’ve had a couple of light arguments with some of them before. That time though, I wasn’t in the mood and I figured I’ll get it “fixed” next week or something. Besides, I was also in a hurry since I have to be back to my Auntie’s house by 2 PM.

to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment