Monday, April 07, 2008

Songs In My Player: Pop

On the bus, in the shower, on the bed, in the elevator, on repeat.
  • Mercy by Duffy – I never really paid attention to her music video until a couple of days ago and I’m glad I did. I’m also not sure where this artist came from but that doesn’t really matter since I love this song anyway. This woman is like a pitchy (in a good way) Amy Winehouse and I realized the other day when I was in a bus that the song is reminiscent of Rehab.
  • Rock With U by Janet Jackson – This is the follow-up hit to Janet’s first single Feedback off of her latest album Discipline. I love Feedback and this one is not bad either, not at all. The smooth, mid-tempo song is delicious and the video couldn’t be any better-the dancing is ridiculous. It’s hot.
  • I’m Yours by Jason Mraz – Now this is a song you’d like to hear in the morning, not too cheesy but full of life. I’m not sure if it’s a ukalele that was used as an instrument but this song is a love affair set in the beach. I admire Jason Mraz, I think he’s a true artist what with the delightful, unique music he branded as his own, with the fast singing (not rapping), he surely is a rare talent.
  • Flashing Lights by Kanye West – The video is sick, I fucking love it even though that Rita G.’s belly is quite distracting. It’s gangstalicious.
  • Wow, Speakerphone, In My Arms by Kylie Minogue – This fantastic Aussie woman doesn’t stop. X is indeed a promising comeback album. So far, Speakerphone is the strongest song I’ve heard from her latest installment followed by In My Arms and Wow respectively. Kylie does pop exquisitely and effortlessly just like the way she rocked those fuck-me hot pants in Spinning Around.
  • Do It by Bridget Kelly – For some weird reason, the beat of this song is reminiscent of the hits of the 80’s. Nonetheless, Do It is definitely a likeable track, it’s like a threesome of club, electronica ang hiphop, a killer combination.
  • Dance Like There’s No Tomorrow by Randy Jackson featuring Paula Abdul – I’m guilty. It’s a hot mess in a not-so-bad way despite the fact that Paula’s voice was digitally altered beyond recognition.
  • See You Again by Miley Cyrus – Again, I’m guilty. Perez is right though, the song is totally inspired by “I Wear My Sunglasses at Night”.
  • Sexual Eruption by Snoop Dogg featuring Robyn - This is quite an unlikely collaboration but it works for me. Robyn, with her exquisite musical prowess, gives the Dogg's single a clubby vibe. It's like danceable rap or something, it's really interesting and nothing typical.
  • Technologic by Daft Punk - I believe this is an old song already but I like it--very catchy and fun. The title says it all, it's a techy's audio aphrodisiac.

No comments:

Post a Comment