Sunday, March 25, 2012

Three Deadlines and a Wedding

Hello. I just got back from home. I just spent a night there to attend a cousin's wedding. To be honest, it's sometimes hard to still call it home without any of my immediate family members present. It's just so different. But the very short time I spent there this weekend made me realize how much my other relatives love me. It's obvious how my aunts try to make me not feel the absence of my parents. They all gave me a lot of food to bring back to Manila. My fridge is so stuffed now.


The cousin who got married is only a year older than me. In less than 6 months, three cousins of the same age tied the knot. Not only does that mean we're getting older. That also means more awkward moments for me. It's only a matter of time until relatives ask me when I'll follow suit.

It was difficult leaving home today. Aside from missing my parents so much, I also wanted to spend more time with cousins. Last night was epic. But I have so much on my plate right now it makes me want to cry. It didn't help that both my outbound and inbound flights were delayed. Good thing my Sunday afternoon/evening meeting got cancelled. That doesn't mean it's going to be an easy, laid back night though.

Oh my. SOS.

literarybulimia@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment