Saturday, August 11, 2012

Random Rants

Aftermath

Needless to say, the past few days have been crazy; no work, no school. I should have been feeling warm and fuzzy but I'm worried about the latter one. This term is supposed to end by the fourth week of the month and I already made plans. Now, I'm afraid finals may be moved. That's going to suck so much.

Enough of my first world problems though. It's bad out there. I've been meaning to help out but have shamefully failed to actually go to the relief operations in school. I've been either working or staying in for my own safety.

This is happening way too often. It's the new normal unfortunately. But you know us, we'll get through this; we're badass like that.

Globe Asiatique Scandal

By now, you're probably already aware of the Globe Asiatique scam. Apparently, it has been years since shit hit the fan but I personally only knew about it a few days ago. I think I first got wind about it on Twitter.

Last night, I stayed up to watch 'Krusada' on ABS-CBN and learned the massive scale of damage GA has caused. The issue has rocked the real estate industry and has caused Pag-ibig to tighten its policies. It's certainly very controversial but half the time I was wondering what goes through Divine Lee's mind right now. Her dad, Delfin Lee, the president of the company, and brother are both wanted by the law and have since been missing. GA being a family business, she also was a part of the company's marketing team before. It's just amusing how she manages to keep it together even recently leading a charity drive for the victims of the monsoon.

The scandal is pretty shocking considering how active GA was before in marketing its properties. Xevera was featured several times on TV, even on Urban Zone if I'm not mistaken.

While the accused are MIA, more incriminating tales are surfacing. I wonder how it's all going to turn out. Is Divine Lee going to get dragged into this considering she is the daughter of the company president and she once was involved with the company? What's going to happen to the fake buyers and the supposedly real ones?

Gaga on Vogue's September Issue

Gaga channeling RuPaul

Clad in a stunning, purple Marc Jacobs dress, Lady Gaga is Vogue's cover girl for the coveted September issue. What do you think?

I personally love the dress with the patchwork design and the mermaid silhouette which is very apt . The hair, on the hand, takes some time to warm up to but it wouldn't be her if all the elements are agreeable. The restraint is what I admire most about this cover.

Photo: fashionologie

literarybulimia@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment