Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Bourne Legacy in the Eyes of A Manila Resident

My friends Nikki and Angel, both straight and female, must have more testosterone than me. They wanted to watch 'The Bourne Legacy' while I was leaning towards 'Brave'. Outnumbered and curious, I caved in and decided on the action flick.


I never paid attention to the Bourne movies until this one. Yes, it's only because they shot some scenes here in the Philippines. It's interesting how I actually enjoyed this action flick despite the its extremely butch theme. It's like they were speaking in codes. I mean, nobody in the movie even said "Oh my god". Not once.

Anyway, during an intense conversation, when Rachel Weisz said "Manila, Philippines" in my head, I was like, "Fuck yeah!"

Perhaps the most exciting part though is the car chase. It's thrilling but I think the producers could have saved money if they just taped EDSA on a Monday.

On a more serious note, some people are not very happy about the way Manila appeared in the movie because it only showed the slums/depressed areas.  Well, I think it's cinematic and they should shut up and go make their own movie and shoot it in Greenbelt 5.

literarybulimia@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment