Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Four Years of Friendster

Bored? Here's an idea; check out your Friendster comments (formerly called testimonials) and start from the very first. I just did, and man did I have a grand time revisiting the past. It's entertaining, funny, touching and embarrassing.

It amazes me how these seemingly banal accounts of my personality can bring back so much memories. It's actually very awkward but quite humbling as well.

This is why I don't like how people confuse the comments function with private messaging. And don't even get me started about those meaningless graphics or pictures. I personally prefer personalized messages. I'm not a fan of having so many widgets or applications either which is the same reason I hate Facebook. I rarely check my account there because of the confusing applications and growing gifts, and hugs and shit. Ugh. It's too complicated. techno-phobe much? Let's keep it simple people.

Anyway, based on the testimonials people say about me, a lot of them agree that I am good with clothes, I love the beach, I like to take pictures--mostly of myself, I can write and I am actually warm and fun despite the stiff exterior. Not bad huh? Although, I think the comments have evolved over the four years. I'm not sure if it's for the better but what's important is the same people who were there four years ago, are still around (for me) to this very day.

P.S.
Our laptop is fixed. Thanks to my sister, who by the way, gave me my very first testimonial here. God bless her heart. Whew.

No comments:

Post a Comment