Friday, December 19, 2008

The Rush

Christmas is less than a week away and the world, or Manila at least, is in a holiday frenzy. I myself almost cannot keep up. With all the gifts to get and the shopping to be done in the middle of the hellish traffic with very limited time, it can be too much sometimes.

I literally almost fainted today after lifting some weights at the gym. Just when I was done working out, on my way back to our unit, I gasped for breath and I was shaking. It was scary. I didn't know what to do. I just suddenly got dizzy and nauseous and I broke into cold sweats. My hands were very pale then. I was *this* close to asking for help from strangers but I went out to the driveway for some fresh air instead.

Thank god I made it back without falling on the floor or something. I did get really scared though. Jeezus, it would have been horrible had I died from that. I mean, come fucking on, I am so not done with life yet and I was in gym clothes!

Once I recovered, I had to rush to the DFA (Department of Foreign Affairs) to fix some discrepancies regarding my passport.

After that, I went home to change and had lunch (at 3 pm), went to the bank, and went to Robinson's Manila to do some gift shopping. Most of the stuff I got are gifts for friends and for my sister. I only bought Bench underwear for myself and this really neat necklace.

The pendant is way cool.

Oh, and I met up with someone too. But he's not worth talking about so let's leave it at that.

I had a very much needed foot massage just a couple of minutes ago. It's the least I could do. All this Christmas hullabaloo is really exhausting. I still love the holidays though.

No comments:

Post a Comment