Sunday, December 26, 2010

Fail

Last Monday, my friend Jen and I went up all the way to Anti-fucking-polo for a job interview. I already had doubts when I found out the interview is going to be in this bumfuck place. It was a surprise since this is with a major TV network.

I headed out despite feeling sick. Good thing my friend was kind enough to accompany me. Man was it a long way. And to think I considered going there in a cab.

Imagine my shock upon finally reaching their office.


Yeah, we had to ride a trike because this place is a couple of blocks off the highway. Check out the surroundings.


I was confident because I believed the written works I submitted were pretty good. When I realized I have to work here (given I get hired), I got discouraged and just wanted to get the interview over with.

The idea of me working in such a rural setting, in a very far away place that would take me two hours to get to, where the cafeteria is a nipa hut tucked beside some resident's house and some foliage, is so ridiculous, Jen and I had a good laugh about it.


Before the interview, I had to accomplish a 4-part writing test. My work was so uninspired. I had to write it in their lobby where male employees were chit chatting about sports and other uninteresting topics. I was told I only had 30 minutes but my work wasn't collected until over an hour later.


During the interview, I wasn't nervous at all because the setting was quite informal. Did I mention I just wanted to get it over with and scram? That's until I found out mid-way that they are actually relocating to Shaw, which is about 15 minutes from my place, in March 2011.

I thought I was cool during the interview but apparently 'cool' isn't going to cut it because they still haven't invited me to meet the channel head. They told me I'd receive a text within the following 5 days if I'm qualified for the next level. It's been a week.

Yeah, I'm a little bitter. But whatever.

literarybulimia@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment