Thursday, February 24, 2011

Mara Clara and My Gym

It has been almost half a year since I last sweated it out in the gym so last week, I finally decided to go despite the lack of enthusiasm. First of all, I don't go to any of those expensive ones where gay sluts are said to often cruise around. It's a rickety, hole-in-the-wall (literally) work out place where 90% of the patrons are in their slippers. It used to bother me but I figured it's actually good since it's cheap, it does the job, there's no pressure to dress up, it's very near my place, and there's rarely a cutie in sight to distract me.

Anyway, the soap opera Mara Clara was on the other night and it was amusing how the other gym-goers would pause to watch all the sappy drama go down on TV. I thought it was so funny looking at these grown macho guys getting carried away over a show starring tweens who blurt out the darndest lines. They would smile or laugh out loud or utter unsolicited comments every so often depending on the scenes. It worked to my advantage because the equipment would be free for me to use while they soak up on some tough-guy entertainment.

What is up with this show anyway? A friend once posted a Facebook status airing how he was so mad at Clara, the antagonist. Another friend sent a group text just this week with a similar content. He apparently just had to let everyone know that he was seething with anger over a TV drama character. He didn't reply when I asked him via text, "Seryoso? :)".

I intend to stick to my current gym schedule and this show better bring on the drama.

literarybulimia@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment