Tuesday, August 04, 2009

I Was There: Cory Aquino Funeral Parade

Here are clips that I managed to take (with my phone) while at work yesterday as the glory of former president Cory Aquino sweeps Ayala Avenue, Makati with a mix of overwhelming emotions.

Note: Feel free to ignore the irrelevant noises.



As expected, major establishments within the central business district participated in the funeral parade through the traditional shower of confetti.



Honestly, her passing didn't sink in so much until I saw Kris Aquino, her youngest daughter, on TV last night narrating the events surrounding her mother's death. It choked me up a bit. It was not about Kris crying about the death of Cory. It was about a daughter who just lost her mother and how their family is dealing with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment