Monday, May 03, 2010

A Week From Now

A week from now, I'll be voting for the first time. I was anxious that the powers that be will screw up and lose my registration or something. Well, I just visited the Mandaluyong City website and I was able to verify that COMELEC does have my name. I also got my precinct information. How cool is that? Kudos! My voter's ID is not yet ready though.

A week from now, we'll have our first ever automated election.Only God knows what circus will occur on the fateful of May 9, 2010. It's another chance for us to either fuck things up even further or finally crawl out of this slump and work with the resources that we have left.

I haven't decided yet which team I'm on but I do hope my vote will be counted. And needless to say, I do hope whoever gets elected into office will be the leader that will significantly change every Filipino's life for the better.

A week from now. I'll be officially unemployed. I'm not proud of it. But man, is it liberating. Maybe the new governance can provide me with a better job? No? We'll see.

literarybulimia@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment