Monday, November 01, 2010

D Day

Attending fashion week was my way of renewing my commitment to fashion. Today, I re-affirmed my commitment to health and fitness. While everyone else spent their day remembering loved ones who passed away, I stayed home whipping up meals.


It has been two months since I last set foot in the gym. So I decided to detoxify today. No rice. No meat.


For breakfast, I had what I eat pretty much everyday; oatmeal with a little sugar, a banana, and Milo with coffee and cream. The chocolate drink and oatmeal combo helps speed up my metabolism.


For lunch, I prepared a salad with lettuce, arugula, singkamas/jicama and tomatoes dressed with vinaigrette and a sprinkling of just a little bit of cheese on top. I had it with orange slices and pineapple juice. It would have been a really refereshing meal had I not put too much dressing. My homemade vinaigrette was literally dripping from my chin. I got a little queazy afterwards.


Dinner was much more enjoyable. I had mashed potatoes, corn on a cob and egg salad with pineapple juice. I cooked/made everything except for the gravy.

I also tried to jog this evening but it won't stop raining so I decided to just go home and sweat it out indoors. Crazy dancing anyone?

I should do this more often. Nothing beats that lightness after getting rid of useless crap from your body.

literarybulimia@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment