Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Two Hearts

It's been crazy. You know when you're in the middle of a laugh and suddenly it hits you, and you feel your cheeks slightly deflate, your smile awkwardly disappearing?

The past two weeks have seen the emotional whirlwind that I've been in. But I'm not alone apparently.

I got out of church to find 6 missed calls and 1 message on my phone. I have to be honest. I wasn't surprised. But I was upset naturally.

She sat on the couch recalling what had occured while I was listening intently. Seeing a tear on her sleeve and bruises on both her arms crushed me. I thought about revenge. But fortunately, we're better than that. I know how trampled she was but she barely cried. And when she did, I sat closer and only caressed her head. Embracing her seemed more meaningful but I thought we'd both just break down.

I know she'll get pass this. Maybe not soon, but it should only get better from here. She deserves much, much better.

As for me, well, no amount of shopping, going out and other debauchery kept me from thinking about one person. I see a nose with a "Jewish bump" and I remember him. I know. I know.

Oh, I don't know.

Anyway, here's one of the songs that I have on repeat lately.



Faith. Hope. Love. That's all. Good night!

literarybulimia@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment