Thursday, August 18, 2011

Dental Debacle

With the way a lot of people talk about root canal procedures, I have had the impression that it's pretty much hell on earth as if Satan himself is stabbing the insides of your mouth with his trident needles. It was a relief when both dentists I consulted said otherwise. Those lying mofos.

The past few days, I've been in terrible pain taking Mefenamic Acid like it's snack. When I was told the only options are a root canal and an extraction, you know I questioned The Powers That Be. But it's my fault. I should have listened more to my mom when I was a kid.

I booked the appointment with the dentist near the office so about 2 hours ago, I took a break and walked to her clinic. She wasn't there yet. I tried to brush off morbid thoughts and entertained myself by taking pictures of the place which is pretty cute.

It's not just about the dentist, the clinic also matters. 

Not so depressing. 

Not a pretty sight.

Things of torture.

Then it began. The most painful part was when she injected the anesthesia on the swollen part. Fuck. That. Shit. I was literally in tears! It's like getting your peen stuck in the zipper x 10.

The rest of the treatment was tolerable but not painless. In fact, as I walked back to the office, I felt like crying because there's a part that still hurt. It's normal though according to my dentist.

I'm feeling better now thanks to Dolfenal. The next appointment is in a week so yeah, it ain't over yet. FML.

literarybulimia@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment