Thursday, September 09, 2010

Away From Home

Last night, the power went out at around 11:30. My laptop, phone and iPod were all low on battery charge. That's when it sank in.

Tonight's simple dinner by moi: this, plus buttered corn and rice.

I've been living on my own for almost a week now. It gets boring and even lonely at times. Don't get me wrong. I like this pseudo-independence, except doing the chores tires me out sometimes. And I do get tired talking to myself.

Meanwhile, our house (the one in the province), have been robbed yesterday. A lot of my mother's jewelry were taken. Thank God no one got hurt. This still worries me though. I remember how they always, always remind me to take good care of myself, eat on time and make sure the doors are locked, etc. Jeezus, I hope this never happens again.

In a few weeks, a good friend of mine will be moving in. As for now, I think I'll enjoy playing loud music in the middle of the night, having discussions with myself and walking around the house half naked.

After about 15 minutes, the electricity went back. Whew.


literarybulimia@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment