Thursday, September 25, 2008

Iloilo Intentions

Finally, the pictionary about my trip to Iloilo. I could have posted this days ago but I couldn't find time in between dealing with domestic repairs, sex with strangers and relationship drama. So let's get the show started, ok?
Say hello to one of my very good friends, Rica; smart, sassy and pretty. Don't be fooled by the seemingly innocent profile. This bitch is a walking show. She went to Roxas that day to visit me and I went with her back to Iloilo.

This is at Bigby's Iloilo with Shey, my regular pertner in whining, dining and all things crazy. Bitch has been single ever since the world began (remember that song? lol) so if you know anyone interested... Kidding.

I love Bigby's. The place is nice and the food is simple and good. Bigby's is located in Iloilo's prime nightlife hub Smallville.
Do I look used or what? Shey, on the other hand is working the jawline. She gave me that shirt which I wore immediately to dinner.

The Nos of Smallville

No Dirnking/Dating. Do not be cheap on the park/parking area side walk.

What reunion is complete without cam-whoring? Joenessa and Yala, we miss you. Please call/text soon.


Shey is wearing the uber fab sunglasses I gifted her while I'm wearing the shirt given by Rica earlier that day.

As you can see, my hotel room is quite crappy. Note to self: do not fall for promo rates and just because it includes buffet breakfast, it doesn't mean it's a good deal.

Amputated chic?

The next two pictures are completely off topic but whatev.

Meet my band singer, single mother bitch friend, Cassandra. The picture was taken outside our house when she came over to show off her bang (or is bangs?).

This one was taken outside the Roxas City Cathedral with some good friends from high school.

Anyway...

I only wanted to stay in Iloilo for a night but I had to extend my stay for another night at the last minute thanks to the following people.

Here's me and look with Myleen at the Globe shop in SM City, Iloilo.


Dinner with Luke, Alfie and Angelie; can you believe it's been 5 years?
Gawd I missed JD Bakeshop so much. I used to eat at JD practically everyday when I was still in college because the food is cheap and acceptably yummy, especially the pastries.

Apres JD, we walked to Coffee Break. What I love about Iloilo is the food is good and inexpensive and everything is nearby. You can practically walk around the city.

Say Hi to Angel, my ex. Yes, as in ex-girlfriend. There was this period in my life, when I wasn't single like I am right now and I was in a real relationship. Really.

So, uhm, how have you been? You have a boyfriend now right? Oh, cool. Me? Oh, I'm great, still single. It's fine. I don't know. I just haven't found "the one" yet, you know? lol

Here's me and Ema at Coffee Break. Can you please slow down on the cancer sticks? Ugh.
We went spent the rest of the night drinking at Freddy's at Sarabia and capped it off at Smallville.
Another reason why I had to stay another night in Iloilo is because I bumped into my former editor and teacher in college who invited me to speak in front of his class and talk about profile feature writing. I couldn't say no because it was a good opportunity for me to visit the university I graduated from and catch up with some friends. Never mind the fact that I didn't know what I would say in front of his class, I just wanted to go. So I did. I'm not sure if those students learned anything from me but it was surely fun.

After my little speaking stint, some friends from our college publication and I had brunch at Afrique's, one of Iloilo's best restaurants in my opinion.
That pretty much sums up my vacation. I don't really have eventful pictures taken in Roxas City. It was just all about good ol' family time at home involving mother's chili crabs and fresh fruit juice courtesy of my father's beloved Jack Lalanne juicer.

This picture was taken just right before I got off the plane in Manila when I got back. The pretty girl is Tintin, another friend from high school who is a member of the Mile High Club. Kidding. Little did I know I was up for some major shit (read: lost luggage) a few minutes this picture was taken.

And there you have it. I wish I can go home again soon. For now, I'm back to dealing with all things Manila.

P.S.

M and I haven't seen each other yet. He's been sick ever since he got back from his wake boarding trip. I hope we see each other soon so we can talk and set things straight. I want to know whether there is something between us or I should just move on and start seeing other guys. I hate the gray area.

No comments:

Post a Comment