Monday, September 01, 2008

The Double Two


This is the day. Exactly 22 years ago, my mother sacrificed her vajeen for the fourth and last time to give way to my glorious presence.

Hahahah...
It's that time of the year when my phone is sounding off the hook and I just LOVE it.

Jeezus christ can you believe I'm 22? What the hale! It's as if just yesterday I was having the quintessential children's birthday party with all the balloons and cake and visitors at our house. But since I'm clearly no longer a child, at least physically, I decided to have not only one party but have a series of simple celebrations for another year of blessings.

I've already documented my Friday night frivolity which kicked off my personal celebration. I hope I can post pictures of the second shebang(Saturday night, Gerry's Grill Jupiter, party of 9) as well as the third (last night, church, SM Mall of Asia, party of 2) soon because I really had loads of fun.

It's just right that I celebrate because I realize how much I've grown the past year. A lot of people may not be aware of it, but it's been a roller coaster ride considering the experiences I've had and the things I came to know about myself and the rest of the world.

Despite the constant whining, I really am very thankful for family, friends, and blessings as well as challenges that come my way. I'm grateful for everything He has put me through.

Twenty-two sounds interesting. The next time I'll have 2 similar numbers as my age will be when I turn 33. For now however, I just cannot wait to party at 22!

P.S.
Gawd, messages are streaming in via text message and chat and for some reason I'm tearing up! Hahahah... God bless me.

No comments:

Post a Comment