Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Politics + Economy + Bruno = Tuesday

This is where our taxes go.

Yesterday was one productive rainy Tuesday. I finally got the will to register for the 2010 elections. It would be my first time to vote.

I cannot stress enough how much I hate government offices, not to mention some of its employees. Despite this and the nonstop downpour, I found myself tip-toeing my way around the Mandaluyong Circle looking for the COMELEC (Commission on Elections) office.

There were not a lot of people. I was surprised the process was faster than I thought. Another surprise though was the fact that they didn't give me any proof of registration, number or receipt. I was already outside when I decided to go back and inquire.

The guy gave me a vague explanation about the forms not having stubs and instructed me to just take note of my registration date and come back a few weeks before the election to get my voter's ID. I don't understand this because a friend of mine got a stub with the precinct information when she registered weeks ago in Cubao.

I should've demanded for a better explanation but I was afraid the guy would get irritated and give me a nasty retort. Besides, I couldn't wait to get out of there so I just left and went straight to the bank to take care of my credit bill. I wonder where some of that money will go.

Speaking of money, I spent some of mine at Shangri-la Plaza once done with the bank. I had to buy re-chargeable batteries for our old, trusty digital camera, and had dinner at Secret Recipe (They have an ongoing promo. You have to try their cakes!).

I was planning to watch Up but unfortunately, it's no longer showing at t
he Shang Cineplex. It was a pleasant surprised though that Bruno was showing at 7PM!

"Dolce and Gabbana, hello?!"

The movie was hilarious but aren't we all expecting that? Borat was more fun to watch I guess because I didn't know what to expect then. I wish they didn't create so much hype with the second movie. Bruno still made me laugh though, as well as the other 8 people in the theater.

On that note, you have to watch it. You have to see how Bruno alienates everyone on his path with his overwhelming gayness.
Hilarity Clinton.

"Am I going to wake up to find you masturbating over me?"

"I'll be sure not to wake you."

I also met up with a guy just before going home. But it's so pathetic it would be better to talk about how much it has been raining lately. Jeezus, I had to line up for an hour last night just to get a cab! It's insane.

That's my day. How was yours?

literarybulimia@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment