Thursday, August 14, 2008

Con You

While at lunch, a good friend of mine at work told me the other day that two of our other workmates think I'm cono (konyo).

"What?!!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah. They just don't tell it to your face." she responded. She then further explained that it's because of my seemingly snobby demeanor towards other people.

This really got me thinking. It doesn't piss me off nor does it infuriate me but it just bothers me because it's not true. First of all, my idea of cono guys are those who usually favor the preppy fashion (think Lacoste) with the perfect Taglish accent donning clothing labels most average guys cannot afford. Throw in some braces and a fancy car and what do you have? Someone not me.

And you know what bothers me more? It's the fact that it bothers me.

I need to get over it. This is nuts.

How the hell do you type in enye here by the way?

2 comments:

  1. I don't know either, James! Hahaha! Honestly, I think you're more than a conyo. I mean, hello! You can write well in English! Man, conyo people don't know how to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still not sure about that Erin. The term is too stereotypical I guess. Thank you for thinking I can write though. Hahah...

    ReplyDelete